Control Systems Design Engineer
Eocycle-XANT designs, builds, installs and maintains midsize wind turbines for the distributed generation and microgrid markets. Eocycle-XANT is vertically integrated, international organization, which offers seamless end-to-end renewable energy solutions.
If making good things smarter excites you and you want to be part of the energy-revolution, you could be our Control Systems Design Engineer.
Email your resume and motivational letter to jobs@XANT.com or contact us via LinkedIn
You are the lead Design Engineer of all control-system-related aspects. You will:
- Design the Control and Safety Systems of the Eocycle-XANT wind+storage solutions: specifying sensors, field bus, and controller hardware, designing and coding control algorithms.
- Interact with subcontractors to manage product development and innovation projects.
- Lead technical discussions with suppliers about control system components.
- Provide accurate Technical Design Documentation, Supply Specifications and Instructions.
- A Master degree in engineering, and relevant working experience in an international context.
- Knowledge and proven expertise in control system design, system modelling and advanced control engineering.
- Practical knowledge about sensors, PLC’s, variable-speed drives, and field-bus comms.
- PLC programming in Structured Text is a must, acquaintance with E-CAD and SQL are pluses.
- You speak English fluently and can write technical documentation in English. Knowledge of other languages (French, Spanish) is very welcome.
- Entrepreneurial, hands-on and willing to tackle the challenges at hand.
- Capable of independently solving problems taking own initiative within a team environment.
- Willing to travel to remote destinations and swap your office attire for a cover-all and a hard-hat.
- An extremely dynamic environment where you are encouraged to develop your skills and share your knowledge in an industry with a bright future.
- Competitive benefits, including a value-creation sharing program to further employee-ownership.
- Intense dedication and lots of flexibility, demanded by the scale-up context, are offset by a very high degree of empowerment, autonomy and an equally-flexible telework arrangement.
- The Eocycle-XANT group has its headquarters in Montreal, Canada and Antwerp, Belgium. This position is for the Antwerp office.