Structural Design Engineer
Eocycle-XANT designs, builds, installs and maintains midsize wind turbines for the distributed generation and microgrid markets. Eocycle-XANT is vertically integrated, international organization, which offers seamless end-to-end renewable energy solutions.
If making good things stronger excites you and you want to be part of the energy-revolution, you could be our Structural Design Engineer.
Email your resume and motivational letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us via LinkedIn
As the team expert in structural engineering, you will:
- Participate in the design of wind turbines and take part in the constant improvement of the existing products.
- Oversee the design of all structural elements of the wind turbine products: hub, mainframe, tower, foundation.
- Interact with subcontractors to manage product development and innovation projects.
- Lead technical discussions with suppliers and certification bodies about structural components.
- Provide accurate Technical Design Documentation, Supply Specifications and Instructions.
- Master’s degree in mechanical engineering, relevant working experience in international context.
- Experience with Finite-Element Analysis (FEA) and design of structural components in steel and composites (design methodology, software tools, relevant standards…).
- Experience with aero-elastic wind turbine design codes is expected whereas geotechnical expertise would be a plus.
- You speak English fluently and can write technical documentation in English.
- Entrepreneurial, hands-on and willing to tackle the challenges at hand.
- Capable of independently solving problems taking own initiative within a team environment.
- Willing to travel to remote destinations and swap your office attire for a cover-all and a hard-hat.
- Bold enough to apply for this job even if you don’t tick all the boxes. At Eocycle-XANT we value motivation and a growth-mindset over qualifications.
- An extremely dynamic environment where you are encouraged to develop your skills and share your knowledge in an industry with a bright future.
- Competitive benefits, including a value-creation sharing program to further employee-ownership.
- Intense dedication and lots of flexibility, demanded by the scale-up context, are offset by a very high degree of empowerment, autonomy and an equally-flexible telework arrangement.
- The Eocycle-XANT group has its headquarters in Montreal, Canada and Antwerp, Belgium. This position is for the Antwerp office.