Mechanical Systems Design Engineer
Eocycle designs, builds, installs and maintains midsize wind turbines (EOX S and EOX M) for the distributed generation and microgrid markets. Eocycle is vertically integrated, international organization, which offers seamless end-to-end renewable energy solutions.
If making things run smoother excites you and you want to be part of the energy-revolution, you could be our Mechanical Systems Design Engineer
Email your resume and motivational letter to email@example.com or contact us via LinkedIn
You are the lead Design Engineer of all mechanical systems of the wind turbines.
- Perform the design/selection of all mechanical components/subsystems of the wind turbine: bolted connections, braking system, bearings, yaw system (geared connections), lubrications.
- Interact with subcontractors to manage product development and innovation projects.
- Lead technical discussions with suppliers and certification bodies about mechanical systems.
- Provide accurate Technical Design Documentation, Supply Specifications and Instructions.
- Keep the CAD drawings of the EOX S and M wind turbine platforms up to date
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering, relevant working experience in international context.
- Expert knowledge of CAD/CAE software tools.
- Experience in bearing selection, and hydraulic components is a plus.
- You speak English fluently and can write technical documentation in English.
- You are trained to work at heights or are willing to undergo the necessary training.
- Entrepreneurial, hands-on and willing to tackle the challenges at hand.
- Capable of independently solving problems taking own initiative within a team environment.
- Willing to travel to remote destinations and swap your office attire for a cover-all and a hard-hat.
- Bold enough to apply for this job even if you don’t tick all the boxes because at Eocycle we value motivation and a growth-mindset over qualifications.
- An extremely dynamic environment where you are encouraged to develop your skills and share your knowledge in an industry with a bright future.
- Competitive benefits, including a value-creation sharing program to further employee-ownership.
- Intense dedication and lots of flexibility, demanded by the scale-up context, are offset by a very high degree of empowerment and autonomy.
- The Eocycle group has its headquarters in Montreal, Canada and Antwerp, Belgium. This position is for the Montreal office.